The Apache Ambari project is aimed at making Hadoop management simpler by developing software for provisioning, managing, and monitoring Apache Hadoop clusters. Ambari provides an intuitive, easy-to-use Hadoop management web UI backed by its RESTful APIs.
Apache Ambari, as part of the Hortonworks Data Platform, allows enterprises to plan, install and securely configure HDP making it easier to provide ongoing cluster maintenance and management, no matter the size of the cluster.
Ambari makes Hadoop management simpler by providing a consistent, secure platform for operational control. Ambari provides an intuitive Web UI as well as a robust REST API, which is particularly useful for automating cluster operations.
Ambari enables System Administrators to:
Provision a Hadoop Cluster
• Ambari provides a step-by-step wizard for installing Hadoop services across any number of hosts.
• Ambari handles configuration of Hadoop services for the cluster.
Manage a Hadoop Cluster
• Ambari provides central management for starting, stopping, and reconfiguring Hadoop services across the entire cluster.
Monitor a Hadoop Cluster
• Ambari provides a dashboard for monitoring health and status of the Hadoop cluster.
• Ambari leverages Ambari Metrics System for metrics collection.
• Ambari leverages Ambari Alert Framework for system alerting and will notify you when your attention is needed (e.g., a node goes down, remaining disk space is low, etc).
Ambari enables Application Developers and System Integrators to:
Easily integrate Hadoop provisioning, management, and monitoring capabilities to their own applications with the Ambari REST APIs.
With Ambari, Hadoop operators get the following core benefits:
• Simplified Installation, Configuration and Management. Easily and efficiently create, manage and monitor clusters at scale. Takes the guesswork out of configuration with Smart Configs and Cluster Recommendations.
• Centralized Security Setup. Reduce the complexity to administer and configure cluster security across the entire platform. Helps automate the setup and configuration of advanced cluster security capabilities such as Kerberos and Apache Ranger.
• Full Visibility into Cluster Health. Ensure your cluster is healthy and available with a holistic approach to monitoring. Configures predefined alerts — based on operational best practices — for cluster monitoring. Captures and visualizes critical operational metrics for analysis and troubleshooting. Integrated with Hortonworks SmartSense for proactive issue prevention and resolution.
• Highly Extensible and Customizable. Enables Hadoop to fit seamlessly into your enterprise environment. Highly extensible with Ambari Stacks for bringing custom services under management, and with Ambari Views for customizing the Ambari Web UI.
Contents related to 'Apache Ambari'
Apache Hadoop: Apache Hadoop is an open-source software framework for distributed storage and distributed processing of very large data sets on computer clusters built from commodity hardware.