In computer programming, pandas is a software library written for the Python programming language for data manipulation and analysis. In particular, it offers data structures and operations for manipulating numerical tables and time series. It is free software released under the three-clause BSD license. The name is derived from the term "panel data", an econometrics term for data sets that include observations over multiple time periods for the same individuals.
pandas is an open source, BSD-licensed library providing high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools for the Python programming language.
pandas is a NumFOCUS sponsored project.
Features of pandas
• DataFrame object for data manipulation with integrated indexing.
• Tools for reading and writing data between in-memory data structures and different file formats.
• Data alignment and integrated handling of missing data.
• Reshaping and pivoting of data sets.
• Label-based slicing, fancy indexing, and subsetting of large data sets.
• Data structure column insertion and deletion.
• Group by engine allowing split-apply-combine operations on data sets.
• Data set merging and joining.
• Hierarchical axis indexing to work with high-dimensional data in a lower-dimensional data structure.
• Time series-functionality: Date range generation and frequency conversion, moving window statistics, moving window linear regressions, date shifting and lagging.
Contents related to 'Pandas'
NumPy: NumPy is a library for the Python programming language, adding support for large, along with a large collection of high-level mathematical functions to operate on these arrays.
SciPy: SciPy is a Python-based ecosystem of open-source software for mathematics, science, and engineering.
IPython: IPython is a command shell for interactive computing in multiple programming languages, that offers introspection, rich media, shell syntax, tab completion, and history
Scikit-learn: Scikit-learn is a free software machine learning library for the Python programming language. It features various classification, regression and clustering algorithms.