The NMS API allows you to build .NET applications in C#, VB, or any other .NET language, using a single API to connect to multiple different providers using a JMS style API. Currently, available providers are:
• ActiveMQ client which communicates with ActiveMQ using its own native wire protocol and provides many advanced features beyond the standard NMS API.
• STOMP which connects to any STOMP Broker. Also, when coupled with StompConnect, NMS can be used to communicate with pretty much any existing MOM provider! (Or at least those that support JMS which most MOM providers do).
• MSMQ is an implementation of NMS using Microsoft's MSMQ API.
• EMS provider for talking to TIBCO's EMS message broker. To use this, you will need to following TIBCO's licensing requirements to acquire the TIBCO client assembly DLL. NMS does not ship with the TIBCO client assembly.
• WCF provides support of Windows Communications Framework.